Warehouse Layout Design
Warehouse designers have to work with a space in which certain factors limit the surface area available. When deciding on the internal and external layout of a warehouse, there are three different space:-
- The installation of new warehouse
- The extension of existing facilities
- The reorganization of those currently operating
Design the complete layout of the Warehouse with clear areas to store and clear aisle marking in ‘to the scale layout’.
The following elements shall be addressed in the Warehouse layout:
- Proper aisle sizes for Forklift movement
- Clear segregated man machine movement aisle
- Clear layout and plan for loading, unloading bays
- Storage space identified and segregated as per relevant national / international safety standards, building code and specific requirements of the client
- Outside Parking areas
- Forklift parking and maintenance areas (as applicable)
- Space to keep scrap / other materials in the open areas if required.