Fire Risk Assessment
In India, one of the most important reasons constituting workplace accident is Fire. According to a survey conducted by India Risk Survey (IRS), Fire ranks as the third biggest risk in 2018 which ranked fifth in 2017 to the Indian Businesses.
The survey states that the reason for the most likely potential fire outbreaks at business locations is Electric short-circuit.
What is Fire?
Fire is an exothermic chemical chain reaction where matter reacts with oxygen under certain conditions to release heat and light energy.
- Enough oxygen to sustain combustion.
- Enough heat to raise the material to its ignition temperature.
- Some sort of fuel or combustible material.
- The chemical, exothermic reaction that is fire.
Sources of Workplace Fire
Some of the most common causes of workplace fire are:
- Electrical Equipment
- Deliberate Ignition
- Hot Work
- Heating and Cooking Appliances
- Storage of Flammable liquids and gases
- Static Sparks
- Mechanical Heat
- Chemical Reactions
- Poor House Keeping
Process of Fire Safety Audit
TheSafetyMaster™ ensure the following during the Fire Gap Assessment or Fire Safety Audit,
- Legal Compliance
- Fire Risk Management Strategy
- Fire Prevention System
- Fire Protection System
- Fire Mitigation System
- Fire Load Calculation
- Suggestions and concerns regarding safety
- Rewards and recognition
- Personal responsibility
- Safety audits
- Identify Potential Areas for Improvement
- Fire Safety Management Program Structure Establishment
- Actions to establish and enforce high standards of safety system performances
- Scoring Gaps and Recommendations for risk improvement
- Effectively Managing future Fire safety management program
Management’s role in protecting workplace from fire hazards
- Establish a sound Fire Safety Management Plan – In TheSafetyMaster™ we provide the necessary actions and recommendations to create a healthy Fire Safety Management Plan after assessing the workplace.
- Preparing Employees based on Fire Safety Management Plan – The following will be included in TheSafetyMaster™ Fire Safety Management Plan created for the management,
- Emergency Preparedness
- Trainings and Instructions to handle Fire Emergencies
- Provision of suitable Fire Alarm Systems and Fire-Fighting Equipment.
Emergency Rescue and Evacuation Plan
- The employees gets clear knowledge on how to act in case of fire
- The ways to raise the fire alarm
- What to do when hearing a fire alarm
- Means of Escape
- Emergency Lighting
- Exit and Directional Signs
- Assembly point Operations
When opting for TheSafetyMaster™ Emergency Response and Planning Training the above can be ensured.
How can we help?
- Fire Safety Audit / Fire Gap Assessment
- Emergency Planning and Response Training
- Fire Load Calculation
- Fire Mockdrills
Contact us For expertise in Fire Safety Assessment and in turn maximize workplace safety and protect property and assets from fire hazards.