Mechanical integrity and Quality Assurance Services is for critical process equipment to ensure it is designed and installed correctly and operates properly. PSM mechanical integrity requirements apply to the following equipment:
- Pressure vessels and storage tanks.
- Piping systems (including piping components such as valves).
- Relief and vent systems and devices.
- Emergency shutdown systems.
- Controls (including monitoring devices and sensors, alarms, and interlocks); and
The employer must establish and implement written procedures to maintain the ongoing integrity of process equipment. Employees involved in maintaining the ongoing integrity of process equipment must be trained in an overview of that process and its hazards and trained in the procedures applicable to the employees’ job tasks.