A hazard and operability study (HAZOP) is very important for identifying and evaluating problems that may represent risks to personnel or equipment within complex processes and operations. Multi-disciplinary teams are required to carry out a HAZOP, some of which may not have experience in the area before, or may need a guideline for best practice. TheSafetyMaster provides Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Training Programme.
There are some ways to assess a process or workplace for hazards, and every approach has strengths and weaknesses. For example, the worker-focused Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is especially effective for the protection of workers, because it considers each task that a worker must perform. The technique includes an in-depth examination of the method and engineering intention of the latest or existing facilities to assess the hazard potential of operation outside the planning intention or malfunction of individual items of kit and their consequential effects on the facility.
HAZOP is led by an experienced facilitator. For an oil & gas project, a specific team would require a person from Machines, Project Engineering, Process, Instruments, and Operations, and it’d require the involvement of process technologists, environmental specialists and company Health & Safety and Environment (HSE) staff for few parts of the work.
HAZOP studies provide a particular method to enhance plant safety by taking consideration of technical and organizational hazards, human error and external influences. In addition to determining which safety measures provide genuine benefits, HAZOP studies also can help identify the qualitative solutions for functional safety assets of process control. The results can be used to reduce the likelihood of costly and time-consuming malfunctions while increasing operational safety and availability.
By the end of the Hazop training, employees will be able to:
• Make a successful HAZOP study that clearly identifies the scope and timeframes
• Select and motivate the HAZOP team to finish the study on time and with results
• Guide productive HAZOP study meetings to succeed in positive outcomes
• Identify and solve problems that occur during HAZOP studies
• Create effective and user-friendly HAZOP study reports
• Analyze HAZOP study results and form the organization’s improvement recommendations
This Training will benefit:
• All key persons in the organization, who by their discipline and/or position are likely to be called on to plan, organize or manage a HAZOP study.
• All who have responsibility for the management of process plant safety assessments using the HAZOP technique including but not limited to Senior Management, Plant Managers, Process and Maintenance engineers (all disciplines), Safety Specialists, and Process Training Instructors.
How Can We Help
TheSafetyMaster has conducted numerous HAZID’s/HAZOP studies for many clients. Our practical approach helps clients to correctly identify the hazards and implement cost-effective solutions. The focus on the Human Factor approach to HAZOP studies assists the client to identify potential hazards that may not be spotted in a regular HAZOP study. Organizations can ensure good Hazop quality by developing the Hazop skills of their professionals. HAZOP training is provided by an expert trainer with long years of experience, utilizing a practical and interactive approach. TheSafetyMaster provides several workshops and mock Hazops, therefore giving the employees invaluable hands-on-experience. We also provide Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP).